City, State, Zip:
Hereinafter referred to as “Buyer” and Mohr Whippets hereinafter referred to as “Seller” voluntarily enter into and agree to all terms delineated in this legal, binding contract as witnessed by their true signatures below for the sale and purchase of one purebred dog of the Whippet breed as follows.
Date of Whelp:
Hereinafter referred to as “Puppy” has been sold to the Buyer by the Seller as “Companion Puppy”.
1. Puppy must be either spayed or neutered between 12 - 15 months of age. This puppy is being sold on a limited registration which precludes the buyer from showing puppy in conformation events but the puppy may compete in many other AKC sanctioned events. This puppy is being sold as a companion only and is not to be bred. Should the buyer not see to meeting this section of this agreement, the seller may then execute the right to repossess the puppy without refund of any monies paid to the seller.
2. The seller warranties that the puppy is in good health and free of communicable diseases at the time buyer assumes ownership. Seller will provide documentation of current vaccinations, wormings, and other pertinent medical information for the puppy. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receipt of the puppy. If, as a result of the examination, the veterinarian determines that the puppy is not in good health, than the buyer shall elect to keep the puppy or return it to the seller for a refund. If the buyer elects to return the puppy, the buyer shall within one week after the date of the signing of this contract, send to the seller, a written veterinarian’s certificate stating that the puppy was in ill health when examined. Upon receipt of the puppy, the seller will be obligated to refund all monies received from the buyer towards the purchase of the puppy, and further performance under this contract shall be null and void. If at any time in the first two years the puppy is diagnosed with any genetically inherited disorder that will interfere with the puppy’s function as a pet, the seller will either replace said puppy or offer a full or partial refund at the discretion of the seller. This guarantee does not cover any condition that results from the buyer’s neglect of the puppy or from accident.
3. The buyer agrees to maintain preventative health care of the puppy including, but not limited to: vaccinations, internal and external parasites, and heartworm medication. The puppy will be fed a good quality food and have access to fresh water at all times. The puppy will not be tied out or chained. The buyer agrees that the puppy will reside in the buyer’s home. Buyer must understand that a Whippet is a sighthound and may run away if given the opportunity. With this in mind, fencing should be adequate to confine the puppy within the yard at all times and it should be on a leash when not in the yard. It is strongly recommended that the puppy be microchipped or tattooed in order to facilitate return if the puppy is lost or stolen.
4. If at any time the buyer can no longer retain possession of the puppy, the seller is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of the dog. The dog will be returned with all AKC papers and medical records. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded, or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter, or similar facility.
5. Ownership of said puppy will be transferred to the buyer for the sale price of $1400.00 to be paid in full on or before the puppy is removed from the seller’s premises.
6. There are to be no changes or alterations made to this contract unless both seller and buyer have agreed to them and show so by providing their initials on the original contracts.
7. Buyer agrees that this legal, binding contract will be bound by the laws of the state of Ohio and that any dispute regarding this contract will be settled in the state of Ohio and in the county the seller resides. The buyer is responsible for all court and attorney costs incurred by the seller for any and all noncompliance on the part of the buyer.
8. If buyer does not comply with all requirements as stated in this contract, seller is relieved of all legal liability.
Signed, promised, and agreed upon
Buyer printed name____________________________________________________
Seller printed name____________________________________________________
Copyright Mohr Whippets. All rights reserved.